Lighting TipsSeptember 5, 2017
Simple Interior Design Tips for FallNovember 6, 2017
Looking for ways to change a room (or several!) in your home? Below are some current trends you may want to try! And be sure to stop by Jordan Furniture for all of your home décor needs.
- Pastels and dark colors. It may seem odd that colors on opposite ends of the spectrum would be popular at the same time. However, many love the ideas of incorporating blush pink or dusty blue pieces in one room while painting with darker colors in the next. These colors add a sophisticated pop to a room. Don’t feel as if you need to run off and paint your walls black; dark green, navy, and fuchsia are also pretty on cabinets. You could, of course, opt for pillows, blankets, lamps, or other furniture in these colors and nix the painting all together. This will add enough subtle changes to a room to make it look refreshing and new.
- Rounded furniture. Sleek and modern, these pieces allow you to have more space in a room. It also looks less harsh having furniture with rounded edges.
- Shopping locally. Here lately, many consumers have been choosing to shop locally for furniture and home décor. This is great because you are guaranteed to find something truly unique at an affordable price with exceptional customer service. After all, nothing adds flair to a room quite like hometown pride! Be sure to support your local artisans for beautiful one-of-a-kind pieces that have so much talent and heart behind them, they truly resemble artwork.
- Comfort and flexibility. Long gone are the days of wanting rooms simply to “show off,” full of antiques and unused furniture that sit around collecting dust. These days, consumers want to utilize each space in their homes. Don’t opt for a museum; build a room that can be your escape from the outside world.
- Reclaimed materials. Plywood, wicker material, canvas, vintage fabrics, etc. all play a part in creating a unique modern look that appreciates both the old and the new. It’s simple yet elegant.
- Décor with black metal finishes. From the recent popularity of matte black appliances to light fixtures, black metal is currently the new copper and brass when it comes to adding boldness to a room.