Ways to De-clutter Your BedroomApril 24, 2018
How to Rearrange Your Small BedroomJune 14, 2018
The sun’s out, the pool is ready, the grill has been dusted off… It’s summertime! And if you love entertaining as much as we do here in the South, here are some tips to help you prepare your home for those summertime gatherings where memories are made and smiles are abundant.
- Staple pieces for outdoor entertaining include low tables, floor pillows, and strands of lights. This creates a fun mood where guests can sit back and unwind. Bright colors, such as turquoise, red, and white create festive scenery.
- Let the fresh air and sunshine indoors! Open the doors and windows, draw back your blinds and curtains, and remove any pieces that are dark colored. Keep you heavy accessories, throws, and smaller décor items stored away for fall’s return.
- Plant succulents to add an organic look. These tiny plants have a long lifespan when taken care of properly; in fact, they require very little care. They are a perfect addition to a tabletop and can add texture and character to otherwise plain pieces.
- Did we mention to add color? Especially to your tabletops. Accent dishes add color pops and patterns, sure to make any dinner party fun. Designs come in wide varieties, such as florals, tropical, and nautical. You can clear a small table and turn it into an impromptu bar, where you can add colorful bottles and glassware on a pretty serving tray. And don’t forget the stir sticks and paper umbrellas!
- Enjoy dinner outside. With warm weather and extra hours of sunlight, there’s so much beauty outdoors for us to enjoy this season. What better way than to have dinner outside on your front porch or have a picnic in the yard?
- Move your furniture away from the fireplace; the weather is no longer cold, so there’s no need to have your pieces surrounding it. Shift the focus of the room towards a window, perhaps one with a beautiful view of your garden or backyard, or some French doors. Put your heavy draperies away and replace with gossamer sheers, which are perfect for those summertime breezes.
- Add some lights to enjoy summertime nights. Paper lanterns, string lights, tiki torches…there’s a wide variety of “fun” lights waiting to be added to your patio and backyard.
- Change the scents in your home. Switch out any winter scented candles for ones that are fruity or remind you of the perfect day at the beach.
- Give your furniture a makeover. Add high gloss brightly colored paint to dull pieces; this will give it “new life” and make it stand out in the room.
- Add colorful artwork to walls that are painted dark. You don’t have to spend several hundred dollars; there are plenty of beautiful works just about anywhere.
- Switch up your fabrics to something botanical, bright, and fun. This will lift the mood of a room.
- Pick some flowers! With so many beautiful colors budding this season, an arrangement is a perfect addition to your home. Keep it simple with oranges, yellows, and pinks; reds and purples are best for other seasons.
- Bring out the formal serving pieces. Why not? Silver trays can hold pretty pieces of glassware, a pitcher can hold a delicious yet colorful cocktail, and a champagne bucket is great for holding an herb plant.